Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please help..single-WiMax chip air interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

elec-eng

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys

Its my final year graduation project

I have an idea of desiging a single wimax chip

I can manage the digital part " baseband "

but what about the air interface that transmits and receives radio waves

what kind of design i need to study

Analog or RF

I think RF, but I have almost no idea about both analog and RF design

I have concepts of both analog and digital communications

please help, from where can I begin, which references,tools,......

also we have access to use Cadence IC610

I think it will be useful while doing mixed-signal design, right

So. You don’t have any idea about Analog or RF design, but you want to start designing a high-frequency RF chipset which is using a very complex modulation (WiMAX).
What about starting first to design a simple one transistor carrier-wave RF amplifier? After that a mixer, an oscillator, and so on. You can use Cadence very well for these applications.

The following link has very useful RFIC design info:

**broken link removed**

But to get the RF fundamentals, you should read and understand RF and Microwave books by Thomas Lee, David Pozar.

If you specific questions about WiMax amplifier, let me know

first of all if it is an academic project, it can be a daunting task to come up with such a design in a limited frame of time. Regarding your question, i suggest you to start designing individual components. But before that you need to understand the rf system design. absolutely, why do u want to do analog design? it is not recommended for air interface. But can you tell me if you are using the rf design and transmitting the digitally demodulated signal, what kind of signal do you receive? Is it analog or digital? Like these there are several questions you might want to answer before doing the actual design.

Status
Not open for further replies.