Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help me with I2C communication between LCD and PIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrodarkness

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI everyone!

I want to develop an interface for a project. On this Interface There is an I2C 2x16 LCD (attached datasheet), SPI communication with main board,UART for debugging. The micro controller used is a PIC18F26K22 (attached schematic).
The problem is, the LCD won't display anything. I tested the I2C in Proteus, and with logic analyzer, and the written data is sent. I can't find the problem.

Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• RX1602A5-GHW-TS.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 54
  • GUI.X.rar
    1.9 KB · Views: 56
  • GUI.pdf
    23.8 KB · Views: 67

If you are testing in Proteus then you have to connect I2C debugger. Are you sure there is I2C LCD in Proteus ?

Zip and post the complete MPLAB X XC8 project files and Proteus file.

Take this project as the reference. There are same LCD working with I2c port expander.

Attachments

• PCF8574_LCD.rar
    341.8 KB · Views: 58

milan.rajik In proteus indeed I'm using I2C/SPI debugger, but I'm also testing it on The finished hardware.
I attached the proteus and MPLAB projects.
Easyrider83 Thanks for the code, I think I didn't put testing in cycle after sending data. I will try it as soon as possible.

Attachments

• SIM.zip
    226.7 KB · Views: 56

Status
Not open for further replies.