Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help me understand this circuit schematics (Door Alarm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin998x

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Door_alarm.jpgdoor_alarm_simulation.jpgdoor_Alarm.jpg

How do the bare wire loop (door knob), Q1 and L1 form a high-frequency oscillator ?
What are the purposes of C1 and C2 ?

I cannot simulate correctly the bare wire loop. How do I simulate this circuit correctly ? Which open-source simulation software to use ?

What happen to Q2 and Q3 when I touch and NOT touch the bare wire loop ?

Can someone elaborate it in MORE DETAILS ?

I'm not sure why this oscillates, but it says right on the schematic that L1 is 10uH.

How do the bare wire loop (door knob), Q1 and L1 form a high-frequency oscillator ?

where does it say that Q1 & L1 form a high frequency oscillator ?

What are the purposes of C1 and C2 ?

these are standard bypass caps placed across bias resistors so that the bjt can operate at some frequency at its bias point.

I cannot simulate correctly the bare wire loop. How do I simulate this circuit correctly ? Which open-source simulation software to use ?

falsted is decent for simple analysis. I see you already have that, though your circuit is incorrect. Whats the 1F cap for ?!? And similar differences.
A wire loop should be modeled as an inductance i think. Touching the knob will change this inductance. Note that the pot has to be adjusted so that the circuit is just on the threshold of triggering.
What happen to Q2 and Q3 when I touch and NOT touch the bare wire loop ?

presumably they turn on or off, hence lighting the LED and triggering the Nand gate oscillators to produce a siren/ alarm sound.

Can someone elaborate it in MORE DETAILS ?

hope this sets a direction for your further analysis ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back