Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help me - how to block a specific website on dsl

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajidraheem

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
block website aztech dsl605eu

I am using "Aztech DSL605EU" ADSL Modem. I want to block certain website so that whoever connects to internet using this internet on any pc, cannot access that particular website. (as we are using switch and many pcs).

And can someone tell me how to limit the internet speed?

e.g. if i have 1Mbps connection. Can I set 512 kbps for ethernet interface and 512 kbps for USB interface.

Kindly help me regarding this. Or tell me from where I can get help?

Thanks

aztech dsl605eu block

I think you can use "Packet Filtering Firewall Support", to filter any packet that goes or comes from certain IP, comes from **broken link removed**. You must acces the config web page at the router,the "IP" comes specified in the datasheet, for example in a linksys is 192.168.1.1 and in a belkin is 192.168.2.1.
I don't know if you can set a different speed for each interface.

(I don't know if this specific feature of this modem+router can solve this, but it seems to be the first place to look for. This isn't just a DSL modem, it's a DSL modem plus a router, this last is what gives you the ability of filtering packets)

Regards,
Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back