Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Please help me find this RF transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrd_au

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have this RF transformer at the front end of a VHF transceiver. It looks like it splits the RX and TX signals into two ports and a bandpass filter filters out the unwanted frequency. Any idea as to what this transformer might be? I have attached some images for your reference.

Thanks!

Reversed schematic
4.jpg

Top view
3.png

left view
1.jpg

Right view
2.jpg

I think this is a special designed coupler and they used for a particular purpose.
It supplies matching and coupling functions simultaneously. You have to refer to IC manufacturer.

Thank you for the reply BigBoss!

Leaving this here so it might help someone.

So I think I've found what it is. It is an RF power divider. Even though this is a 50ohm system the designer seems to be using a 75ohm component like this MAPD-011035 device (I checked again and the resistor in all the other boards was 150 ohm instead of 124ohm. might have been a mistake in assembly).

11.JPG

For my design, I will use TCP-2-10X+ by Mini-Circuits which is a propper 50 ohm part.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back