Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Please help me convert Allegro .brd file to Altium .PcbDoc or .pcb file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• panda-a-allegro.rar
    7.3 MB · Views: 193
Hello. I have another .brd file (from a Texas Instruments evaluation kit) and i need to convert to Altium Designer 10. Could you help me?

Attachments

• PCB_Layout_REV1.2A_PCB.zip
    2 MB · Views: 119

This is great information, but it requires having Allegro on the same system. The original question was related to importing/exporting files between Allegro and Altium without having both software on the same system. Has anyone figured out how to convert files from Allegro to Altium when one party has Allegro and another party has Altium?

can you share files "a.Allegro2Altium.bat
b.AllegroExportViews.txt"

deatials are available below

Using ASCII Conversion to Import Without Allegro
An Altium Designer workstation that does not have a licensed Allegro installation is able to import Allegro ASCII Extract files (*.alg). The following procedure enables a Licensed Allegro user to convert Allegro binary *.brd files to Altium compatible *.alg files. The conversion must be run on the Allegro licensed machine.

1.Locate the following two files in the \System folder of your Altium Designer installation (Summer 08 or later):
a.Allegro2Altium.bat
b.AllegroExportViews.txt
2.Copy the two files to the folder containing the *.brd binary Allegro version 15.2 or 16 file.
3.Open a command prompt, navigate to the folder containing these files and type the following: Allegro2Altium your_file.brd
4.Surround your filename with double quotes if the filename contains spaces, i.e.: Allegro2Altium "your file.brd"
5.The ASCII file is now created in the folder. Copy the *.alg file to the Altium Designer workstation, Summer 08 (Version 7) or higher, and import using the Import Wizard.

I have a problem when i want to convert the brd file to pcbdoc! please help me.

could you please convert it for me or guide me?

TVM

Attachments

• pcb.png
    pcb.png
    231.8 KB · Views: 108

Go to altium designer's File>>Import wizard option in layout.There you can see lot of softwares list including Allegro.

how can add plugin allegro Design files to wizard option . my wizard is empty ?

Regard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back