Please HELP! error in AMBA protocol V2.0? AHB read data mux controlled by decoder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

onion2014

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

i read the protocol 3 times and I think i understand it.
Based on the protocol, the address decoder is combinational logic. its inputs are just the address from the master, so its outputs are in the same cycle with the address cycle. But ahb's data cycle is one cycle after the addr cycle. So in the figure, at some point between T5 and T6, the read data mux already choose the new slave selected by the new master. So in T7, the previous master can not sample the correct.

One possible solution i can think of is that the read data mux is controlled by the arbiter rather than the decoder. the addr decoder just control the Hselx. I think of this because I see a HADDR signal working as inputs to the arbiter.

The master should change the slave only if it completes all the read operations it has to do from a slave. Even the arbiter is combinational logic. So I don't know how will your solution work.

The master should change the slave only if it completes all the read operations it has to do from a slave. Even the arbiter is combinational logic. So I don't know how will your solution work.
I think the arbiter is not just combinational logic. Hope more people can reply to this question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…