Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help-- choosing a topic for master thesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

litstbl

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing my master thesis soon. I want to do RF circuit design (MMIC). Basically, I'd like to design one of the components of a receiver ro transmitter( LNA, Mixer...), do the design, simulation, layout and measurement. I dnt't know which coponent is more suitable for a master thesis, or I can gain my aspect of the RF circuit desing?

I'd like to hear some advice. Please. Thannks a lot!

Hi,

I think you can try the PLL and the frequency synthisis..as it is nearly a complete system.

Regards,
Shohdy

Thanks Shohdy
Any other suggestions?

Hi

I can understand you want to work with MMIC. I do not know which universityor company you are attached too, but if you want to do the fabrication of the MMIC it can become quite time comsuming. I do not think it is something that is done in a week or two. In my university they had a lot of master thesis in MMIC design, but now they tell people that they should not count on the physical implementation of the chip. Simply due to time constraints(6 months of fabrication) and the costs. But it is a shame as this is really a nice to due projects in MMIC.

Regards

tyassin said:
Hi

I can understand you want to work with MMIC. I do not know which universityor company you are attached too, but if you want to do the fabrication of the MMIC it can become quite time comsuming. I do not think it is something that is done in a week or two. In my university they had a lot of master thesis in MMIC design, but now they tell people that they should not count on the physical implementation of the chip. Simply due to time constraints(6 months of fabrication) and the costs. But it is a shame as this is really a nice to due projects in MMIC.

Regards
Thanks tyassin!
Yes, I understand how time consuming this is. And actually not all the people get to do the measurement(on wafer), because the manufacture of the chip takes like 3 months, out of a 6 months period of a master thesis. They only do the design and simulation, if they are lucky and the chip comes back in time, they can do the on-wafer measurement.
Master thesis is a once-in-life thing, So I want to select a good topic as a good start. Any suggestions on the topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back