Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please - Drawing dispersion curves in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

abuantenna

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Ih I have eigenmode simulation and I have the boundary condition for the structure change from 0-180 degree. How can I draw the dispersion curve (frequency vs. phase shift)

I do not fully understand your question ? what do you mean by structure change ? you mean S11 ?

Also dispersion curves are (as I remember) plotted as beta ( the propagation constant) versus the frequency ?

You can do it in CST using is waveport solver

What do you mean by waveport solver exactly ??

Oh, it is just if you want to draw the dispersion curve (i.e. beta vs omega) for some waveguide. you can do this by defining a waveport of the structure. Then use the time domain solver. Select solve ports only, and press the button "specials" and select "broadband for inhomogeneous waveguide modes" and set the number of frequencies you want beta to be calculated at.

In fact, I would like to draw dispersion curve for Split rinf resonator on the top of dielectric substrate.

I think I have to do that using Eigen mode analysis by changing the phase shift in some directions, isn't it ??

hiii anyy body there??????????i have the same problem as you have. do you solve your problem i want to plot dispersion diagram for a srr on dielectric .plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back