Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLC Input Card Problem(Allen Bradly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakiboy

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We have Allen Bradly PLC Control Logix 1756-L61 (Redundant Processor). The Digital input cards we are using with it 1756-IA32 (AC Input type card).
Now the problem with this Input card is that at one of the I/P card, some time its all I/P gets automatically High & hence corresponding Output also get high.

According to the data sheet of I/P card (1756-IA32), it should read from (0 to 20V AC) OFF & (74V to 120V AC) ON.

The 7 core cable which is terminating to this I/P card is coming from 500 meters distance. Some times 35~40V AC voltage is observed in the cores of this cable due to mutual induction.

Please suggest why All Inputs of a specific PLC I/P card get randomly high? We have recently installed this Allen Bradly PLC. Prior to it, OMRON PLC was installed at this place since last 15 years & every thing was working perfectly fine.

Looking forward for your swift response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back