Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLC board that can detect level of analogue signals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramicic

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PLC board that can detect level of analog signals

I'm building a robot that needs to respond to external conditions. External conditions are represented by three analog inputs that change the voltage level from 0V to approx. 2V.

I need an PLC board with an USB interface that can convert the level of that analog signals to digital form that can be interpreted by a computer.

A cheaper solution is needed, and something that can be ordered on e-bay.

Thank you in advance! I appreciate your help!

Hi, I'm not a big fan of using Arduino (boarduino... etc) all around, but it seems that it can do the job cheaply. So you use virtual serial line over USB and if you load Firmata to the chip, you can by simple commands sample values and use them in computer. Of course some implementation code on computer side is needed. But I think there's Firmata implementation in python and other languages too.

Status
Not open for further replies.