Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLASMONICS - Exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.

lufer17

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I'm having difficulties with the plasmonica exercise, I sell some books and scientific publications I came across that there are two or more ways to get the result but I don't know what the correct sequence is.

Values: τ, γ and mainly ωp^(2).

ωp^(2)= in most of the literature = Design and Application of Plasmonic Devices - A Thesis and
PLASMONICS: FUNDAMENTALS AND APPLICATIONS - STEFAN A. MAIER

And research I found that gets confusing: Optical properties of the metals Al, Co, Cu, Au, Fe, Pb, Ni, Pd, Pt, Ag, Ti, and W in the infrared and far infrared

Here is the question of the exercise, resolution and research material.

Obtain an expression for the electrical permittivity of a metal ε(ω) in the low-frequency regime in the free electron model. Using this expression determine the electrical permittivity of Au, Ag and Cu for a frequency of 10 GHz (microwave region). Tip get the necessary parameters for calculations from reported literature.

Souce

https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/190334041.pdf

Plasmonics: Fundamentals and Applications | Stefan Alexander Maier | Springer

Attachments

• EX1.pdf
    490 KB · Views: 76

Status
Not open for further replies.