Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

plasma TV - T4AH/250V fuse keeps blowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reek

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
TV fuse keeps blowing

I have a plasma TV with dim display. When I checked the X-sus board, I found one of the two fuses was blown. The fuse was rated T4AH/250V. I replaced the fuse with the same type and voltage but it blew up with high pitch sound when I turned on the TV.

I heard some people saying if the fuse is blown there could be shorted components in the circuit. The main power supply that connects to the X-sus via cable wire has a Thyristor and could this component be the culprit? Or could the failed diodes have affected it?

Also, is the T4AH fuse a slow-blow or fast acting fuse?

Any input will be appreciated.

TV fuse keeps blowing

Yes.. there may be sone short circuits in the later circuits. Thaz why the fuse blows. Cheers

TV fuse keeps blowing

You should contact the TV manufacturer. You can replace the fuse with a fuse of same voltage but a higher current rating also, but that could be dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.