Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I've set up a pyramidal horn in CST MWS 2014 with the following properties:

Directivity: ~20dBi

Design frequency: 10 GHz

Waveguide measurements is standard EIA WR-90 x-band.

I've simulated this with a E-field monitor and a farfield monitor and the plots for the farfield has good agreement with what was expected from the analysis and design phase carried out before setting up the simulation. Therefore, I assume that the simulation setup is basically ok.

The next thing I would like to do, but can't figure out how to do, is to obtain the E-field components in a x-y plane 3-5 wavelengths in front of the horn-aperture. If the z-direction is the direction of propagation, this coordinate should remain fixed and the E-field components in the x-y plane obtained, preferably with a customized sampling distance.

I've consulted the "help" system and checked CST homepage for hints and clues, but haven't found a method to do exactly this.

The data obtained from this, should be exported as a *.txt file, but this operation does not seem to pose a challenge as far as I know from my investigations of the post-processing tab.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

The kind people at CST Support has provided me with the following solution, which I share here in case others may find it useful:

Remember to expand boundaries to hold the 2D-Field Monitor inside the box...

Best Regards,

View attachment Exporting 2D-Field Data.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…