Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Planar Inverted_F Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

planar

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to simulate a Planar Inverted-F Antenna (PIFA) in Microwave Office but i have a difficulty in the design also. Can anybody have me?

Regards,
Planar

It is not a better simulator for antenna simulation, try other software, HFSS or Microwave Studio. Good luck!

fdtd method is also good to simulate pifa

U can do it by MWO.. u must be smart becuase it´s not a 3D...

I suggest u to use CST, HFSS or even Ensemble (2.5D). The last one it´s more friendly than MWO.

Regards
Lupin

I designed a lot of PatchAntenna and Inverted-F-Antennas using MWO. In terms of S11, simulated vs measured plots were almost the same. But other parameters need more tuning.
Anyway, if you have just this software is a good starting point for a design. You have to combine more offen the simulation with measurement, which you have to do anyway.
First recommendation is to be careful in specifying the parameters of the enclosure.

use hfss i think it is much better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back