Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pipleline ADC Latency

Status
Not open for further replies.

musclesinwood

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a 10-bit pipeline ADC. I have a very basic question about the ADC. I have read in some paper that for a 10-bit pipeline ADC, 6 initial clock cycles are required before the first digital outcome becomes valid. Can some one please tell me how its 6 initial clock cycles required before the first digital outcome becomes valid ?

Hi,

You are desgning the ADC...it is a clocked system, so you should know after how much clock cycles the output is valid.

(Just to be sure: you don't talk about delta sigma ADC?)

Klaus

Thank You for the response. No it is a Pipeline ADC. What I understood is that each stage gives a valid digital output after one clock cycle. During first half of the clock cycle Sampling will take place. During the second half digitization will take place.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back