Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIFA antenna-very urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayanthi

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi sir
I am jayanthi from NIT trichy

in one of yhe IEEE paper the gain at phi=0deg is -2dbi and gain at phi=40deg is 2dbi that is the peak gain is 2dbi at phi=40deg . In IE3d i know how to see the max gain at phi=40deg but while taking measurement after fabricating the antenna
how to test the gain at phi=40deg .please ex[plain me
with regards

using an Omindirectional antenna(Gt=1dB) as the Tx antenna and using a signal generator and feed the power (Pt) to the Tx antenna. with a distance of L, place the one your made as the Rx antenna and feed the power received to a powermeter.
now rotate the Rx antenna horizontally, and note the powermeter read when you get phi=40degree as (Pr).

now, considering FSL model, and the following formula Pt+Gt-FSL=Pr+Gr (all in dB)
FSL=20log(4piR/λ) dB where R is the distance between Tx and Rx, λ is the wavelength of the signal from signal generator and in meter.

hope this helps..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back