Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

piezo disk driver board

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethewales

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone,
i'm trying to make piezoelectric pump which includes a piezoelectric disk and a driving board.
unfortunately my knowledge of electronics is only slightly more than zero so i need some professional advice.
in general i want to replicate the driving board which looks like this:

from description:
...It converts a single 2.5 - 6 VDC power and generates a drive voltage of 215 Vp-p at frequency of around 40 Hz...
...power consumption 100mW...

regular sine wave is acceptable.

So I see 5 components. Can anybody suggest the wiring scheme between this 5 components with values assigned to them?
If U1 is microcontroller what kind of signals should it generate (sine wave is required in the end)?

Any ideas are very welcome
Thanks

U1 looks to be an audio output module (assuming that grey area to the left of it is an attached heat sink). Positive feedback would make it oscillate. Is there a part number printed on it?

No, wait. That's a capacitor, not a heat sink. Still, I think the IC is an amplifier of some sort, configured to oscillate.
The black thing in the upper-left-hand-corner would be an inductor in parallel (or possibly series) with one of the capacitors, creating a resonant circuit that determines the frequency of oscillation.

Last edited:

The two GREY areas are infact two SMD capacitors marked as C2, C4. In the upper corner is a Ferrite Core transformer and the U1 is a SMPS controller IC. Your uploaded picture is of very very low resolution. Check which side of D1 ANODE is connected. That side will be output side and the other side is input side (CN1 , CN2).
Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back