Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PID Ziegler–Nichols Tuning metod?

asrock70

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an electric oven,I used CMSIS-PID for the MCU-
I am trying to figure out how to tune the PID-
I want to try first.
Ziegler–Nichols Tuning Method S-shaped Step Input Response Curve-
You are not sure about one little thing-
How do I get the S curve?
Just turn on the furnace without regulation and record the temperature in the furnace, for example 1x per second?

Thanks

Just turn on the furnace without regulation and record the temperature in the furnace, for example 1x per second?
Yes.
--- Updated ---

Depending on heater power and unregulated end temperature, it may be necessary to observe the step response with reduced constant power.

Last edited:
When must performance be limited?
When the power is significantly higher than the losses at the desired max temperature and the curve would not tend to flatten?
This will not be my case, the furnace is built with insulation material +1600C, heat loss through penetration at 1000 C is approx. 1.5 kW, the output of the SiC heating elements is 4 to 5 kW.
Honestly, I'm curious to what maximum temperature I will get

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: