Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PICStart Plus Programmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Code Warrior

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
picstart plus programmer

Any one have any experiance with PICStart Plus programmer from Microchip. I want to know is there any problem with PICSTart Plus. Whats your experiance with this.

I had been using the original PICStart + for about 2 years without any problem before I moved to ICD 2.
The major problem with PS+ is that it doesn't support ICSP. If you need ICSP you should go for ICD 2.

The picstart plus works exactly as it is intended to do. It can be used with new microcontrollers from microchip by upgrading the firmware with the MPLAB software.

Thanks for your reply guys. Is there any other serial programmer is available which can compatible with MPLAB and which has ICSP capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.