Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PicKit3 can not work with MPLAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

samnang39

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all
My pickit3 can work with PICkit3 programmer software but it cannot work with Mplab8.80 why? could you please tell me
thanks

Hello samnang39, first let me recommend you download the latest version (v8.88) of the **broken link removed** from Microchip page. After opening the MPLAB IDE and select the PICkit3 as the programmer, go to Menu -> Programmer -> Settings and look in the Power tab, that the selection of "Power target circuit from PICkit3" is according to the power supply of the circuit that you have connected your microcontroller. Then you go to the Status tab and click on the button "Refresh Voltage" and you should see the voltage VDD in the PICkit3. After this, try to program your PIC!

Greetings!

Thanks
Now i use MPLABX IDE how could we do?

bmb_10 has already said.. have you downloaded mplab IDE v8.88? In the menu list, select Programmer->and click PICKIT 3. Before connecting to your target board, read about the pickit 3 user manual. there are 2 modes of powering the target board.
First, you can power the target board with its own power supply. By this method, make sure that you disable the "Power target circuit with pickit3". If you dunno where to find this, menu->Programmer->settings-> Power.
second method, Disable the target board with its own power supply. And connect the pickit3 programmer to your target board, and enable the option "Power target circuit with pickit3". In this method, Pickit3 will supply power to your target board. Make sure that you enter the correct voltage value in the "Power target circuit with pickit3" in the POWER tab.

Either methods can be used. Thats about your wish.

Best wishes..

I have given up with MPLABX and gone back to MPLAB 8.xx although I haven't tried the latest version of MPLABX. If you are going to use MPLABX after using MPLAB 8.xx then you have to use the USB driver switcher installed with MPLABX. The version I last tried (1.3) had some serious issues with the USB communications.

Keith

Reactions: bmb_10

bmb_10

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.