Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PicKit 2 FULL with TH components - Need help with layout

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those interested, I have a revised and corrected version using my original parts. I made new library entries for the MOSFET's and fixed the connection so the LED and PTG work properly. The MOSFET's are in TO251AAV (I-PAK), which is not much bigger than TO-92. I only have the schematic completed. I do not have the layout done.

Attachments

• PicKit2 Original.zip
    84.8 KB · Views: 143

My initial observations are --
1. Q1 mounted in reverse. Drain and source should be other way round.
2. the line connecting C9, C10, U3 (1&8) and U4(8) and R3 is to be connected to VDD_USB
3. It would be safer to have 10 ohm in series to L1 before connecting to V+ Target to prevent messages like Vdd short.
4. perhaps we can use more freely available 2N3904 and 2N3906 instead of odd components like BC639 or BC638with center collector.
5. Here, in our land, i find cheaper SMD mosfets in SOT23 package are available at say 0.2$ . TSM2301 and 2302and our members can well try them right on solder side itself.

i can further study for helping members. Nice, thanks to to computerman29 for continued effort .

PS: Even U5 N and U5 P are connected otherway round.

Last edited:

Oops! Uploaded the wrong file!

MOSFET's and VDD_USB are corrected.

I didn't get the "Vdd short" messages or problems with L1 heating, so I left out the 10ohm series resistor.

I used the BC639/BC640 because I am on a VERY low budget, and I got them as free samples from ON Semiconductor. Same with the MOSFET's.

You found suitable replacements that are cheaper and easier to find in your country. Great!!! I have never heard of TSM2301/2302. Who makes them?

Attachments

• PicKit2 Original.zip
    84.8 KB · Views: 130

Mr. mvs sarma,

Could you please share your working version of eagle schematic and board layout here. Coz i will be using the FDC6420C (Dual MOSFET) and it would be easier to do some modification to your board instead of designing a whole new board. I would be very thankfull to you if you could kindly share your eagle files.

Thanx...

@omega6,
here are the files you requested.

Thanx a lot Mr. mvs sarma for sharing your valuable work with me. Now it would be a lot easier to do my work. I'll post my board here once it's completed. Thanx alot once again.. :grin:.

Hello john blue,

I have completed my PicKit2 PCB in eagle. But im having problems in converting it to a PDF file(Copper Layer, Silk Screen). Could you please assist(explain) me in how to do this. I'd be very thankful to you if you could help me.

Thanx.

Select which layer you need. Under "Display" icon below "i" icon, you can make a layer active or hidden. After that, File -> Print -> Print to PDF =)

Hello john blue,

Thank you for your reply. I tried your method, but the copper tracks seems to be blurry. Can you suggest some other method. I've attached a PDF file (PicKit 2 of mvs sarma) which you sent me few months ago and I'd like to generate a PDF like that. Please take a look at it and point me in the right direction to create a quality one.

Thanx

Attachments

• Pickit_version 2_lay.pdf
    626.7 KB · Views: 177

Hello john blue,

Thank you for your reply. I tried your method, but the copper tracks seems to be blurry. Can you suggest some other method. I've attached a PDF file (PicKit 2 of mvs sarma) which you sent me few months ago and I'd like to generate a PDF like that. Please take a look at it and point me in the right direction to create a quality one.

Thanx

Can you pose yours? It should not be blurry. Ermm... another thing. Did you set the scaling to 1:1 Scale factor = 1 =)

what john blue sent is fine. instead send your artwork, board file so that we can see why the file looks odd? incidentally you have to maintain 1:1 ratio before making pdf. dont bother how these look on your monitor. make unscaled 1:1 print on a paper and you get to know what it is. . Obvuoisly you need to set the printer to darkest print.

@ john blue,

Yes, i have set the scaling to 1 in the print dialog. Also i have attached the PDF which i created from eagle. Please take a look at it.

@ mvs sarma,

Ok. I have attached the eagle files. Please take a look at it and try to help me.

Thanx.

Attachments

• PicKit2 oct26 I.pdf
    303.4 KB · Views: 126
  • PicKit 2.zip
    91.8 KB · Views: 105

@ john blue,

Yes, i have set the scaling to 1 in the print dialog. Also i have attached the PDF which i created from eagle. Please take a look at it.

@ mvs sarma,

Ok. I have attached the eagle files. Please take a look at it and try to help me.

Thanx.

Please look at the zoom at the PDF. Its at 130%. You need to look at 100% =)

@ john blue,

At 100% it looks like shit. Please take a look at my eagle files and if possible create a PDF like mvs sarma's PDF which is more clear and suitable for printing. I'm gonna try the toner transfer method (Iron on). So the PDF should be very clear.

Thanx

@ john blue,

At 100% it looks like shit. Please take a look at my eagle files and if possible create a PDF like mvs sarma's PDF which is more clear and suitable for printing. I'm gonna try the toner transfer method (Iron on). So the PDF should be very clear.

Thanx

YES! It looks like shit on screen. You need to print it out and see.. there is no special technique needed. Mvs would have done it the same way also..

@ john blue,

Ok. I'll print it and see how it looks. Thank you for your suggestion.

Thanx

---------- Post added at 17:17 ---------- Previous post was at 16:43 ----------

@ john blue,

I printed it on a plain A4 sheet and it's just rubbish. Could you please check my board file and see whether it's error free, the copper tracks, etc. Also if possible print to PDF and see whether it looks ok on your computer and upload your PDF too. Sorry for wasting your valuable time and disturbing you.

Thanx

i made a pdf
of course i made little changes in artwork, leave that aspect, see how it looked for m.re

Attachments

• PicKit2 omega6.pdf
    21.5 KB · Views: 132

@ mvs sarma,

It looks the same. never mind i'll figure it out. BTW thank you for helping me.

Thanx.

Status
Not open for further replies.