Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PicKit 2 FULL with TH components - Need help with layout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: pickit2 calibration

Greetings to all,
However i cant get PICKIT2 schematic... Errors in files or else cant open.. Kindly send with correct format...Thank you dears...

Question for mvs Sarma and all others: Is It posible to program dspic33f using PICKIT2 full shown in this post??? Is anyone did it so far?

Hello masters
i read all the post by all user for this thread.I have schematic from these thread. so plz provide any cheaper TH, Easily available component schematic and board files all and all the files required for getting my PICKIT2 workable in few days. I had tried one PICKIT2 but bad luckily i failed.
thanx.

Hello friends upload latest TH and available components pickit2 clone schematic and all files as i am new to pickit.
thank you.

Question for mvs Sarma and all others: Is It posible to program dspic33f using PICKIT2 full shown in this post??? Is anyone did it so far?

Sorry fore the delay in reply.
Please try to read the "readme" file and as per that , it is possible.
list of chips that could be programmed are provided.. if the chip is smd, the board would contain the ICSP pins and the pickit2 could be plugged and the device programmed. hope it clarifies your doubt.
All the best

Hi,

anyone has try using USB power PICKIT2 alone to drive/run PIC with some Sensor and 2 servo Motor without using external power?

Can this be achieve? What modification need to be made to run only using usb through PICKIT2 to run some sensor and motor?

Hi,

Microchip say you should not use more than 25ma through the Pk2.

However if you disconnect pin 6 of the PK2 you can take a wire from pin 6 to the +5v connection of the USB socket.

You will however be limited to the restrictions of the USB supply, typically 100ma or 500ma, perhaps not enough for 2 servos ?

Reactions: Ragens

Ragens

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi wp100,

thank for reply

do you mean pin 6 for output/target board?

can make disconnection pin 6 and connect to +5V connection by using switch without using any addition component?

can I increase the current by using Y-Usb connector which required 2 port usb from laptop/desktop? Max supply current for 1 port is 500ma which some website mention.

The target board is using 1 PIC18F, 4~6 IR sensor, 2 Servo Motor(180ma each), 1 LCD.

Hi,

Pin 6 of the PK2 is only used for the third input of the Logic Analyzer function, so if you do not use that , its a convenient mod.

The photo shows how I did it, the red wire was when I wanted to use all three channels of the LA.
Worked for me, but you do it at your own risk.

Probably pushing the usb 500ma limit with 2 motors which will probably peak at a lot more than 180ma each.

Never considered a Y usb to double the power, would think just using a simple wall power brick/block would be a lot simpler..?
You can still use external power and have the Pk2 connected to program/debugger.

Attachments

• pk2_mod.jpg
    pk2_mod.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 108

Ragens

wall power brick is simpler but not really portable. The servo motor at 4.8V no load = 100ma, Stall = 270ma, guess at 5V it not really far the different.

based on your picture u just disconnect green wire and put back red wire to pin 6 when u need LA?

can bypass Pin 6 to make it +5v?

so AUX would not use? what difference using AUX and without AUX which is (RA4/T0CKl/RCV)?

Can I just direct pull +5v to pin 7(another route) which need modified target PIC Board?

Ragens

I had experience of using various inductors starting 470uH to 820uH. there was no problem. Thus there is no point in buying close tolerance components.

But the Vpp sensing resistors 4.7K and 2.7K need to be 1 or 2%.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

Pin 6 of the PK2 is only used for the third input of the Logic Analyzer function, so if you do not use that , its a convenient mod.

It is also used while programming eeproms

Ragens

I had experience of using various inductors starting 470uH to 820uH. there was no problem. Thus there is no point in buying close tolerance components.

But the Vpp sensing resistors 4.7K and 2.7K need to be 1 or 2%.

- - - Updated - - -

It is also used while programming eeproms

will this work?

I can not find BS250p,FDC6420C,MCP6001/2 at my place. What should i replace at the BS250? I prefer TH component.

Attachments

• PCB1.pdf
    269.3 KB · Views: 132

can someone guide me what good Through Hole P-channel Mosfet can replace bs250 and N-Channel bs170?

I can not get BS250 on my area. From reading the BS250 cause many problem. Any other alternative?

for bs170 i using 2N7000. If anyone encounter any problem with 2N7000 please give your alternative...

It is not clear where you are stationed. If within India and need support, i could offer PCB and critical components, at no profit , no loss. I still have few PCBs

It is not clear where you are stationed. If within India and need support, i could offer PCB and critical components, at no profit , no loss. I still have few PCBs

im within Malaysia, someone here has done that with BS250/170 but someone post that BS250 cause trouble, which i look for another alternative component.

I do not have any rail-Op-Amp yet. currently looking for MCP6002(2 Op-Amps) at Farnell but if got another best alternative also good since need only use 1 Op-Amp.

I already got that BS250/170 and 2N7000, I do not know which better BS170 or 2N7000. you can see my schematic at my previous post.

even after making a pcb for thro' hole component , perhaps you can use SOT23 positioning and soldering of track side. try Si 2302(nmos) and NDS356 (pmos) these are good replacements and i have been using them. They are 1 amp devices with Rds ON is very low as against either BS250, BS170 or 2N7000.
they come cheap
for rail to rail
i started using MCP6271 or 6281
dip and they work well.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.