Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PICALLW and 16F628 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovefool

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I am new to this forum.

I have built P16Pro hardware, and trying to program 16F628. After adjusting Prog_dealy on version 014 of PICALLW, it seemed working. ( I needed to pull down PGM pin. ) Then later, I made a small test program using CSS C Compiler, and write to PIC. When the chip is brand new, I used to be able to read, erase, write first time. So I started to program the chip. .....loading code is okay, loading data is okay, then loading configuration bits, PICALL says "check hardware". ( Configuration is internal RC, and rests are all off) . I used PICALLW test program and checked voltage of each pin. The problem was DATA(RB7) and CLOCK(RB6) is about 1.5 V. ( rest is correct 4.95V and 12.8V ). It seems these pins are pulling current much .... I am wondring disabling MCLR ( means uses as IO ) have an problem ... or just timing problem to load configuration bits.

I am having a lot of problem to use PICALLW with 16F877A, so I need to find an another program software.

The problem solved .... again Prog_delay.
Auto_adjust value was 2, I have changed to 4 as help says, it looked working, but not. I have changed to 40 , now it works....

Status
Not open for further replies.