Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] PIC32starter kit || using wine under linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponnus

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai,
I've installed PIC32 starter kit || mplab ide and compiler in redhat linux using wine.
But when I connect the starter kit and select debugger, it says "Could not find the target device."
I typed the command
dmesg | grep USB
in terminal and found that the device is connected....

Did anyone tried this?

Maybe it requires the root privilege, but i don't recommend you using wine program under root privilege.
The Linux version MPLAB X may be one way out.
Anyway, I have never used Microchip's microcontroller. I can only help you this far.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe it requires the root privilege, but i don't recommend you using wine program under root privilege.
The Linux version MPLAB X may be one way out.
Anyway, I have never used Microchip's microcontroller. I can only help you this far.

Hai,
I've installed PIC32 starter kit || mplab ide and compiler in redhat linux using wine.
But when I connect the starter kit and select debugger, it says "Could not find the target device."
I typed the command
dmesg | grep USB
in terminal and found that the device is connected....

Did anyone tried this?

Why to use???

Use MPLAB X and X32 Compiler, they are available for Linux.
Do you experiment with them.
You will never stuck into problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.