Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC24FJ96GA010 + CCS + FAT32 = Impossible

Status
Not open for further replies.

ea7fnj

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fat32 ccs

Hi guys!

I've been programming a FAT32 for a SD in a PIC24 using the libraries in CCS forums. I tried to migrate the code but it failed in everywhere.

So, I've spent more than two months trying it but there is no success.

Does anybody try it with success? I supposed this code works fine in PIC18.

Can anybody help me?

73's

microchip fat32 sourcecode

Hi!

Thanks for the info.

Did you port using PCWHD compiler? It's giving me somre errors.

Nice code!

fat ccs compiler

I used the default Microchip compiler.

pic18*fat32

bepobalote said:
I used the default Microchip compiler.
Aaahhh, ok ok ok.

So you used C30 complier, didn't you?

In this case, the Microchip C compiler is so expensive. I've my own license of CCS C compiler, and it's the tool that I can use in this situation.

CCS C Compiler isn't as 'ANSI' as Microchip C Compiler. It has some differents but usable.

Does anybody use CCS to implement FAT32 over SD memory with a PIC24FJ?

This post has so many readings, more than 190 xD

pic24*fat32

You didn't tell, which problems you experienced in implementing the project with PCD. Looking at your code, I guess that the low level SPI access already doesn't work correctly. Did you ever verify the operation of MMCOut(), MMC8Clock() and MMCIn()? As discussed at CCS forum, the SPI built-in functions don't work when mixing spi_write() and spi_read(). I rather suggest this simple low level routines. Macros could be used for a further optimization. However, I didn't check your MMCInit() code.

Code:
void MMCOut(int8 indata)
{
spi_read2(indata);  
}     

void MMC8Clock()                        
{
spi_read2(0xFF);    
}

int8 MMCIn()
{
return spi_read2(0xFF);
}
Of course, there may be other issues, too. But obviously, the low level code must be correct first. Please consider, that I didn't implement any FAT operation with PIC24, I only had a look at your SPI code.

programming pic24fj96ga010

Dont wast time using poor and non ANSI C compiler like CCS. Use a good and ANSI C compiler like hitech or microchip on mplad ide!

There are lot of source code of system files (the elm is one). I think that microchip has own application note describing one system file for some cards used today.

Gorkin

Status
Not open for further replies.