Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] CCS PIC C

Status
Not open for further replies.

sen4tech

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am using CCS PIC C compiler (version : 5.049) for learning PIC microcontroller programming. I wanted to add a new project with PIC16F15214 microcontroller using Project Wizard. But this device is not in the list to choose. How can I add this device to the list or is there an alternate way?
1631948273730.png

Hi

I´m not familiar with this software,
but it seems the list is sorted by increasing number...

so scroll down to 15214...

Klaus

Most recent CCS C version V5.105 hasn't listed 16F15214 but it's supporting other 16F152x family devices. Don't know if 16F15214 is among it. http://www.ccsinfo.com/devices.php?page=versioninfo

CCS C V5.049 is 6 years old, 16F152x series is newer. But it's basically possible to set up unsupported devices yourself.

My personal suggestion is to switch to free Microchip XC8 compiler. It can be expected to support all available PIC processors.

It was because my compiler version was very old and when I installed the trial version of recent CCS PIC compiler the list had this newer device in it. I am switching to MPLABX - XC8 combo as it is free. But it doesn't seem to as simple as CCS compiler.

Thanks to @FvM and @KlausST

Status
Not open for further replies.