Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC24 Interfacing with USB port!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan0630056

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, everyone

Recently I am thinking to do a project on USB interfacing with microcontroller. I browse lots of site for help and in edaboard.com i found many people recommended using PIC24 rather using PIC18.

I have downloaded the PIC24FJ32GB002 data sheet but dont understand how to do code in C or Assembly. Please anyone can help me out with this. Thanks in Advance

Hi,
Have you coded in PIC before? Have you done so with C or assembly? Do you understand the prerequisites for programming PIC24?
I have done a few projects with PIC24, although none using USB, with mikroBASIC PRO for dsPIC and PIC24.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

rohan0630056 said:
many people recommended using PIC24 rather using PIC18.

It depends your requirements....
If you need high performance or USB HOST mode of operation PIC24 is best (in PIC controllers) and u can use PIC18 for device mode operations.

Hardware designing of PIC24 (or higher) controllers are more difficult than 16 or 18F series controllers. Fortunately ur controller is available in DIP, you should start with 16 or 18F controllers if ur a beginner.

You can use assembly for 16 series controllers, but assembly is not recommended for 18F or above controllers (becoz its too difficult).

Good luck...

Note: Operating voltage of PIC24FJ32GB002 should be less than 3.6v.

Status
Not open for further replies.