Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC24 A/D and BQ24725A battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmorfeus

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am designing a device that will have automatic switch to battery when primary power source is removed also charging battery when primary power is present. In my design, I will be using PIC24 and BQ24725A as battery charger controller. For the charger I will use proposed schematic from datasheet. I would like to monitor battery voltage to be able to switch off the device when Li-Ion voltage drops too much. I know that I may use A/D pin on PIC connecting a voltage divider to battery +. But, won't the current flowing to the battery when battery is charging, "kill" the PIC A/D pin? Perhaps there is no need to use voltage divider but only add a 1M resistor between battery + and A/D pin on PIC?
Thanks!

Kind regards,
Gabrijel

Status
Not open for further replies.