Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18F8722 LCD and SD Card related

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonesr

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm using PIC18f8722 development board. I have to display the voltage output values of a sensor on the LCD present on the board and also store those values onto a SD card. I'm using the Microchip's PICtail Daughter Board for SD and MMC (51583b). I'm using the assembly code for displaying the voltage values on the LCD (demo source program for Voltmeter). I have written C code for storing the ADC values(Output Voltages of a sensor are fed as inputs to the ADC_CH2 and those values are stored onto the SD card). I can perform these two individually.. i.e. I can flash and execute the assembly code on to the board and display the output voltage values on the LCD panel using PICkit3 and then use my C code to store output voltage values on the SD card. But when I try to integrate these both programs (assembly code for LCD display and C code for storage on SD card), I get this "Error - section '_entry_scn' can not fit the absolute section. Section '_entry_scn' start=0x00000000, length=0x00000006" error while building the problem(Linker error). I have tried looking for this error on the Microchip forums, but couldn't understand properly(tried to lookup the start code in C018i, but couldn't understand). Looks like I have to modify my linker file, but not sure what parameters to modify to build successfully.

I'm using MPLAB IDE v8.83 and MPLAB C18 compiler. I have attached both the linker files used separately as described above.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Check.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 78

Status
Not open for further replies.