Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18F4550 SPI with 8 MCP23S17 using Mikro C PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

nooobboy4321

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,
I have this questions particularly from someone that already use the chip MCP23S17 and how to program it with Mikro C PRO using Port_Expander Library with PIC18F4550. I see some sample codes with circuit diagram in Mikro C PRO and I manage to test it and it works, my Question is how about using 8 MCP23S17 and TRISing independent GPIO bit? How to connect it in PIC18F4550 in SPI? I know some basics about SPI and I read some of info. about Hardware Address of MCP23S17 with the help of Mikro C Pro. Feel free to ask question if you don't understand my question. Thank you.

Here, Spi is the protocol,so you need to define four port for the interfacing such as MISO,MOSI,SSEL,SCL in the controller port and first you check the output on software after applying some data then you interface with the another device and check the data transmitted by the Master at the slave side, if any doubt then e-mail to me : gajendra_808@yahoo.co.in

Status
Not open for further replies.