Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18f coding in embedded c language

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagd

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guyz..

I am making a project related 2 heart attack detection.
I am done wid my hardware stuff.. getting a noise free ECG signal from body.:)

but nw i need 2 write a code 2 detect the abnormalities of ECG.
I have planned 2 use pic18f458.

I dont knw how to start about in pic coding in embedded C....
Can ny1 guide me through d process.. I m attaching my synopsis.. plz have a look n help me out if possible.

Thnx a lot in advance..:)

Attachments

• Heart Attack 1.doc
    264 KB · Views: 96

Hi,

**broken link removed** <-Microchip website has a lot of guide on here for getting started programming on PICs.
How much experience do you have programming in C?
What kind of abnormalities are you looking to try to detect?

/Pheetuz

Hey guys can you suggest me a logic for my algorithm... I am stuck..

It depends what you are looking for in the heart rate really?? If you are looking for sudden changes then you could do a high pass filter using DSP, would take some experimentation to figure out what frequencies relate to what though.

@sagd

Well, if that's not just educational project why don't you use higher resolution ADC? There are 18F series controllers with 12-bit differential ADCs (if you must use 18F series).

As for the compilers you could start with MikroC. It has a lot of libraries that are simple to use, it's well documented and you can find free books on programming in C on their website. At a later stage you could always switch over to professional compilers which allow you more freedom in customizing preexisting libraries and produce leaner and tighter code (very often MikroC libraries are resource hogs).

Just a thought. ;-)

Last edited:

It depends what you are looking for in the heart rate really?? If you are looking for sudden changes then you could do a high pass filter using DSP, would take some experimentation to figure out what frequencies relate to what though.

@pheetuz
i am looking to detect the abnormalities in the ecg waveform, as in changes in amplitude, width, inversion of peak pulse etc.. but not getting how to sample the signal continuously and check the samples at the same time... for checking that i need to decide baselines???

Status
Not open for further replies.