Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16f877a to PIC16f877a Serial Communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksalillas

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I am BADLY in need of your help guys.... You see, we have this Thesis, an electronic locker... now, i am really finding it hard here in the net on how to make a PIC16f877a communicate with another PIC16f877a.... RxTx is already used so I am forced to use the SPI which they say is much easier... now, can you help me on this.... i just need a simple diagram of both PICs connected with each other and a program in C.... i am using mikroC.... please please help me guys.... I really don't know what to do.... if there is much more easier method than SPI please tell me so...
thank you so much in advance!.. God bless you all!

trevorjirehp1988@yahoo.com :)

Hi,
If you're using mikroC check the Help menu. They have examples of using the SPI library as well as software UART.
If you need further help, I will try to post the code, if possible.
Tahmid.

hello... i'm using mikroC... but still i couldn't unsterdand it well... the SPI functions right?... you see, In our school, it hasn't been told of us..... Is there also and IC which will act as the mediator between two PIC?... i know Max232 is for PIC-MAX232-PC... is there such IC that would be like this: PIC<->xxx<->PIC<->PC?.... thank you so much!.... :)

Hi,
For communicating like this:
PIC<->PIC, there is no IC required as you can read and write SPI data with the PIC module.
It should be like this:
PIC <-> PIC <-> MAX232 <-> PC
I meant, for SPI functions, in the mikroC IDE, go to help menu and click help, then click hardware libraries and then click SPI library. The functions are described there.
Tahmid.

Status
Not open for further replies.