Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] pic16f877a pcb problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudhii4u

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello friends,
i am creating a research robot using pic16f877a. i connected 4 sensors MQ2, MQ6, LM35 and PIR sensor to pic. i can sent request sms to sim300 GSM connected to pic. it will replay me with the requested parameter like temperature. every thing is working fine on the bread board.
i designed and connected it on pcb, it shows some problems. pic16f877a is getting hanged after 10-20 seconds.. it shows a short circuit between gnd and supply(regulator IC 7805 is also getting heated) only after the pic is hanged8-O:!:. initialy there is no short between them. what is happening here?? can anybody help...
pls see the attached pcb layout and cir orcad circuit.JPGorcad layout.JPGcuit diagram

Do you have any short soldering or short PCB occurs on it?
You can send this DSN file and PCB brd file to my email: power.yang.china@gmail.com.
By the way, I also interesting in robot.
I will develop a robot with AVR processor in next month.
I think we can help each other,and become friend.

sure yang. i am still working on my project, i cant figure out the problem yet.

Hi,
If its working fine in ur bread board then it might be the problem with the soldering and pcb design... If you are using a home made pcb.. Check twice the connections and tracks made...

Are you using any protector diode for your regulator ic... ?

Also check the voltage at the output of power supply (i.e; +5v) and at the regulator ic's input pin... Also check your regulator ic's pin connection in pcb...

Good luck.

problem solved. its due to the sensors i connected MQ2 and MQ6. both these sensors need lot of current so the regulator IC will definitely get heated after somtime. so i connected a heat sink on the regulator IC. now it is working fine. thanks for replays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back