Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic16f877 braille language projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayeshasana

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic16f877 projects

hi everyone .
i am beginner in pic programming. I got a project which involes the use of PIC16f877 :cry: . i need to display numbers on whiteboard (its not a board, its like a seven segment display , but not a board).
i need to build the hardware as well as the soft ware. the project is Braille to number. so i need to convert the braille input to the display. there are six switches for input.

however, i don't really know how to write the source code using Assembly language.
the connection between numder display (whiteboard (kingbright TC20-11GWA)) and pic and elctronics.

can someone give some guidance?( pls provide schematic diagram if possible)

does anyone have any exampler report or assighnment, that would be great help too.
thanks!

thanks for your help. but if you explain more that would be great please

Hello ayeshasana

I couldn't sleep last night, so I made a quick sketch for your project.:) Its a could be the starting point.

The main concept comes from here:
https://hobby_elec.piclist.com/e_pic6_23.htm
At the middle of page there is an animation about the principle of the working.

For my sketch:
We put the first column's pattern through rc0-rc6
then we select the 1st coulum by rd0. Wait for a short time.
Next we put the 2nd coulmn's pattern through rc0-rc6 and select the 2nd column by rd1. And so on.
At the other side we are watching the state of Sw1-sw6 switches.(Brile switches).
According to the Braile switches we put the appropriate patterns to the white board. Column by column enough fast for not flickering.

ayeshasana

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
you are great ........ thanks alot for your sketch...... i want to do the coding in Assembley language... can you please please please help me with that ??????????? i am working on it but i am badly confused ???

Write your questions.
If you have concrete question, I try to answer it.
But it would be very complicated to start explain about assembly in general.
Make a study of 16F877 datasheet, if you haven't done.

for example:How you can configure the I/O ports to input output.
Let"s start somehow.

ayeshasana

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks alot for your kind help...
i did worked on it and i want to scan it and send it to you so you could check and help me more. And more that i need your email address if possible pleaseeee ..
i really appreciate your suggesstions.

Status
Not open for further replies.