Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic16f84A JDM programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

suwaii

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic16f84a programmer

i try to programme pic6f84A using IC-prog but always i get verify error at adress 0000h i check the maximum voltage at MCLR(pin#3 on DB9) during the programming is not more than 8.66V ...... then the problem come from where

does it from serial port board and if yes how can solve it do we need to change the serial board or ..please help me

jdm pic16f84a

Measure the voltage on the MCLR pin, it should be approx. 13 V. Refer to the datasheet for the specific limits, I think for the F84A it's 12-14 V. Less won't work, more can be bad for the chip.

I think you'll need an external source of power for your programmer... Do yourself a favor and build something more elaborate. There are tons of options.

jdm programmer chek

now i try to connect the (pin#3 of DB9) with 5V to pint#4 of pic16f84 get 13.8V

and still i get verify error at address 0000h.....please help me

picpgm verify error

Why don't you try other softwares, like WinPic800, or WinPic, or PicPgm, etc. ?

If I remember correctly, your JDM programmer can flash a 16F876 (not a 16F687), so your hardware is more or less working.

Cheers,

pic16f84a jdm programmer

now i try to connect the (pin#3 of DB9) with 5V to pint#4 of pic16f84 get 13.8V

You're connecting pin3 of your serial port to what ? directly to 5V ? Then that's your problem...

I don't have a JDM programmer, but I'm 100% sure you can find a program that has a test function. Try testing ALL of the voltages for VDD, VPP, PGC and PGD.

pic16f84 pgc

ok i use com2 i get VPP more than 13 v but still i get verify failed at address 0000h

why this happen before i use same chip and same jdm circuit and same code and successful but now there is error...i check connection and voltage and i try different version of ic-prog and still the problem

pic16f84 jdm

1- Check your hardware
2- shorten *ALL* of the wires
4- Try another chip
5- try another PC
6- Check your hardware
7- Check your hardware
8- If you have a scope, scope the rise/fall times of data & clock signals

jdm for pic16f84a

My english is bad but y try to explain it.

If you don´t have care, you can only program one time the pic with JDM.

If you define outputs RB6 and RB7, when you try to program again, Ic-prog first give power to Vcc, inmediatly the program in the pic define outputs RB6 and RB7 and when Ic-prog try to program the pic, have a short circuit and you can´t program.

The solucion is take care for define inputs RB6 and RB7.

If the pic is already this programmed, you need a programmer with supply voltage for erase, and later take care with your program.

Regards

pic16f84a jdm

if you use a laptop pc the serial port can output enought volts...use a desktop pc and it will work fine !

jdm programmer laptop

elsalam 3alykom,--->( i hope peace for all )

i want to know ,do u put the PIC in the programmer or u r programing using
In Circuit Programming?????

i am waiting reply!!

Status
Not open for further replies.