Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F72 8 and 19 Pin connected internally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d@nny

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!
is PIC 16F72 pin No. 8 and 19 connected internally or i need to connect them both to negative? If they are connected internally can i use one of these pins as negative power supply for other devices or ic in circuit?

It is so difficult to say both pins are internally connected or not. But you can't use either pin to supply power for another cct. And you must connect both pin to ground
you will see small resistance between pins when you check using ohm meter

thats meant i need to connected both pins to the ground but actual question now that why there is two pins in this 72?

It is like STATUS AND PCL SFR are in ALL BANKS AND IC pin management when DIP In PRODUCTION

hope this help

You must connect them both to ground i.e. Provide a connection between the pins outside the chip. The internal impedances can get quite high so as chips get bigger you get more power and ground pins which you need to connect so internally the chip has equal voltage everywhere.

Keith

Keith

I would have expected that the designers at Microchip would have taken advantage of using the 'extra power' pins for some other other PIC functions, if they had considered a dual set of power pins wasn't required.

The designers allocated them for a reason, so I recommend you use them both.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back