Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC/Xport as tcp client

Status
Not open for further replies.

qpasatio

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
xport tcp client

Hello
I have a little embedded system with one Pic micro and one Xport. I want to improve the system because I don´t have a fixed IP. The purpose of the system is very simple. Everytime the system powers up, it should be able to send a little message to a server to transmit the new IP adress. The xport has a webserver included but I don´t know how to connect to Internet as a tcp client. I supposse that I need some information about sockets. ¿How can i begin to look for information?
Thanks

If I correctly understood your problem, you need to obtain the IP address every time xport is powered up.
On the web page hxxp://ltxfaq.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ltxfaq.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=gBkpqfDh&p_lva=&p_faqid=1014&p_created=1099609860&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTEzJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9SVAmcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT0zJnBfcHJvZF9sdmwxPTEwJnBfcHJvZF9sdmwyPTE2JnBfc29ydF9ieT1kZmx0JnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=
is written: "XPort will accept both dynamic and static IP addresses. DHCP and Auto IP are enabled by default."

So when the IP is set to 0.0.0.0 , xport will obtain IP automatically from the DHCP server after powering up.
Look on web (e.g. Google) for file: XPort_UG.pdf for details

Status
Not open for further replies.