Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC with spdif input and buffered operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFm

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have never used a PIC and the choices out there are overwhelming. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_common_microcontrollers. So I need your help in finding a pic that would allow me to do the following.

I know there are a few microcontrollers out there that have an spdif input. What I am trying to find out is if there are any (DSP or non-DSP) microcontollers out there that have an spdif input and that can move the audio samples into a fifo type buffer/queue first. And then it would allow me to clock the samples out (not as spdif out but as serial out) at specific clock intervals (say every 512th tick of a 22.5792Mhz master clock). An additional output line that can go high or low alongwith the sample that is output would be great(think of this line as a Latch Enable type of signal).

I'd appreciate if anyone could atleast point me in the right direction in the pic world.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.