Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Turniquet System Via Tcp

Status
Not open for further replies.

burhan01ads

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi. I have a turniquet project connected with an online system. I need to take data by rfid card reader, this data will flow to system via tcp port, if user is registered door will open. Is there any suggestion that you can tell me. I am new with this systems.
Thank you.

Start by drawing up a high level architecture that will tell you about the various parts you will need. Also think about the overall flow of the program (again at a high level).
Have you decided on(or been told to use) any of the actual components yet? If not then research into those, making sure that the parts can provide what you need for your architecture. (For example, the microcontroller needs to have enough memory for a TCP stack, or are you using a separate IP interface that holds the stack for you.)
If you are now to systems such as this then I would start small and build up. For example, select your microcontroller and learn how to program it with something very simple (flashing a LED at a desired rate is a very good start - you have to have the development environment set up, know how to program the MCU, and how to debug it as well as initialise components such as the oscillator correctly). Then you can learn about using the GPIO ports to control the device that will actually open the door (or unlock it or whatever).
Also think about how you will be determining if a user is registered. Do you have a local lookup table in the MCU, in which case how you do set that up? Or do you query a remote server over an intranet?
Learning about TCP stacks can take a while but most MCU manufacturers have library code available - just make sure that you have good documentation on how to use it.
Once you have each part working, then start putting it all together according to your architecture.
Don't try to do everything at once or you will simply confuse yourself. Also, when you do ask for help, tell us what you have done, what is working, what is not working, what is happening and what you expected to happen - this makes it much easier for us to help you.
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.