Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] PIC programmer kit for PIC18F46K22

Status
Not open for further replies.

karthi06

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone know what type of programmer kit is suitable for PIC 18F46K22 ?

Thank you.

Hi,

To Program and Debug that chip from MPlab this you need a Microchip Pickit3.

With the older Pickit2 you can just program it via the stand alone application V2.61 with the device file 1.62.14.

I am using microC software,do i still need to use pickit3 ?

Thank you.

You can use PICKit2, PICKit3 from microchip or mikroProg PIC from mikroe.com

I tried to program PIC 18f46k222,through pickit2 and programmed it successfully.But,when tested it in hardware nothing happen.Then, i put back the PIC to the pickit2 and found that the memory within the PIC has been erased.May i know why this happen ?

Thank you.

I tried to program PIC 18f46k222,through pickit2 and programmed it successfully.But,when tested it in hardware nothing happen.Then, i put back the PIC to the pickit2 and found that the memory within the PIC has been erased.May i know why this happen ?

Thank you.

Hi,

I've programmed the 45K22 with V2.61 without problems, its the same chip as the 46k22 just a smaller program memory.

Program it again with the Pk2, then unplug the Pk2 for a couple of seconds, plug it back in again and 'Read' from the chip; is the code still there ?

Is it possible the coding is code protected,as it shows memory cleared,once i clicked the 'read' option.

Thank you.

Go to Project>Edit Project... dialog box and see the settings at the left (scroll if needed). You will see the settings of the project. Code protect only disables chip reading but the chip can be erased and re-programmed.

The code protection option shows 'disabled' and the pic can read the memory once the read button is pressed in pickit2.But still,the lcd doesn't display anything,but a line of black boxes.The lcd display coding is as shown below:

// LCD module connections
sbit LCD_RS at LATD0_bit;
sbit LCD_EN at LATD1_bit;
sbit LCD_D4 at LATD2_bit;
sbit LCD_D5 at LATD3_bit;
sbit LCD_D6 at LATD4_bit;
sbit LCD_D7 at LATD5_bit;

sbit LCD_RS_Direction at TRISD0_bit;
sbit LCD_EN_Direction at TRISD1_bit;
sbit LCD_D4_Direction at TRISD2_bit;
sbit LCD_D5_Direction at TRISD3_bit;
sbit LCD_D6_Direction at TRISD4_bit;