Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] PIC18F4550 USB communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandresha1

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I m building DAQ board by using PIC18F4550 which wil display data on Labview. I have some doubts regarding to USB communication.

1.As of now i am using MicroC compiler which has inbuild HID descriptor file generator. So my question is HID is sufficient for Data acquisition as the speed of HID is low and i cant use it for bulk transfer.

2. If i have to use bulk transfer than which compiler i should use? Because in MicroC compiler i didnt find any library for Bulk transfer.

I'm also working with the same controller but my application is for data logging. I'm in initial stage. If any one know about bulk/high speed data transfer in mikroC pls letus know.

HID is limited to 64Kbytes/sec but it also depends on the number of USB read/write per second and what the host PC is doing, e.g. I would expect 500 to 800transfers of 64byte blocks which is fine for a fairly low speed data acquisition and control system.
For higher speed I use PIC32s or similar with 100Mbit/sec ethernet

i think for DAQ system that much speed is sufficient. what is your requirement??

Status
Not open for further replies.