Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Microcontroller IC name

Status
Not open for further replies.

anboli

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi to all,
i need to interface 6 external interrupts with controller. i dont know which PIC microcontroller has 6 external interrupt.
anybody know means suggest me the IC name.. it will be helpful for me.
thanks in advance..

What is ur application for this six interrupt because u can use PORTB which have also interrupt & use for Keyboard sensing

Look on the Microchip web site htp://www.microchip.com and find the device selector, it will give you a chart of all the different PICs and their abilities and from there you can download the data sheets. It will let you pick selection criteria to narrow down the choices.

Brian.

Look on the Microchip web site htp://www.microchip.com and find the device selector, it will give you a chart of all the different PICs and their abilities and from there you can download the data sheets. It will let you pick selection criteria to narrow down the choices.

Brian.

hi brian,
i saw in the Microchip website for product selection tool, in that there is no option to select the External interrupt. so i cant get it properly.

- - - Updated - - -

What is ur application for this six interrupt because u can use PORTB which have also interrupt & use for Keyboard sensing

ya i know about the PORTB interrupt, but this interrupt is for entire PORTB change on state not as a individual interrupt. i need it as an individual external interrupt. so only i going for Six individual external interrupt for my application(what is my application is, monitoring the six lines at a time.).

If response time is not parameter then u can POLL any port & detect the individual port easily. Please inform ur application & response time so that solution can suggest

I would suggest you post your request on this forum: https://www.microchip.com/forums/default.aspx under either the 14-bit or 16-bit Core sections, I'm sure there will be many people there who have similar needs and although not done officially, many Microchip employees also monitor the forum and may advise you.

Brian.

If you cant find what you need in a single chip have you considered decoding the interrupts yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.