haytham

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microchip icd2 clone

Hi folk
I am going to build ICD2 clone for PIC microchip MC devices. Just I want to have confirmation from expertise here that this will work with Mblap IDE latest versions.

Also if I could have reference to a pre-tested and implemented schematic it would be great. Also if any one has any special recommendations or feed back it would be nice to feed it.

I want to know also if I should have to have some special softwares or what ever. Also if any one knows if I bought the ICD2 debugger of Microchip, would I have any more merits that I wouldn't have if I built my own ICD2 clone???

Thanks for you all
Haytham

pic-icd2 datasheet

Hi,
You'll find everything about ICD2 clone on

ICD2 clone is fully compatible with MPLAB last version. The mine works well with MPLAB 7.51

CD

mblap ide download

The link you said is for a thread in about 40 pages. Rather than being difficult to extract my needed info. from it, I think the topic itself is not that much related to my needs.

I would appreciate if any one could supply me with schematics, info. and recommendations specifically related to my needs.

In all cases, thanks crazyduck for your prompt response

microchip icd2 free clone

If you read the topic, then you will know all information, recommendations to build the clone. It is not too long, you will loose much more time with searching for errors if it not works, and waiting to answers for your questions.

mg411 datasheet

Hi potyo
I tried to print the thread to be able to read it. Could you imagine that its side is more than 200 pages A4 size. It is too hard to extract my info. from it. Really I would appreciate if any one could help me in a more simpler way than this.

I think it would be more easier to search on the internet than searching in 200 pages of thread.
Really I would appreciate if any one could help.

Thanks
Haytham

microchip cloner

Hi,
So...
Take a look to page 36, download the file i've attach to my post. This is my board, and it will works very well !!!

CD

haytham

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi crazyduck
Thanks for the link
It seems that this circuit support USB interface only, am I right ??
If so, would you help me with the one with serial interface.

Thanks
Haytham

haytham said:
Hi crazyduck
Thanks for the link
It seems that this circuit support USB interface only, am I right ??
If so, would you help me with the one with serial interface.

Thanks
Haytham

Try mine, the Inchworm
**broken link removed**

You want Serial?!?! Why do you want to do that to yourself?
It's 20 times slower! In everything... When I built mine first USB version and seen how it works, I dissasembled the serial one to get back 16F876 and max232, and threw the rest away.

Hi haytham,
Of course my board only supports USB interface, but this is the most quickly way to debug your program with MPLAB.
RS232 interface is too slow for debugging and programming. If you only have a serial interface on your computer; I'm glad for you....

CD

Hi
I have both serial and USB ports in my PC. I am afraid of components availbaility in my country. So I try to have a backup !!.
Of course I will go first for the USB.

Thanks
Haytham

Hi Crazyduck,

I checked the schematics you sent on page 36 of the thread mentioned above...
I found out you are using a chip called MG411...Unfortunetly I can't find its data sheet ..could you please post it.

Regards,
Shohdy

Hi,
Just use GOOGLE, check for DG411 and you'll find the datasheet !!!

CD

Hi blueroomelectronics
I would appreciate if you supplied me with schematichs. I want to build my own.
Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Haytham

Hi Folk
Any one could provide me with schematics of ICD2 with serial port interface

Hi,
You can find someone on edaboard !!

You can look here to **broken link removed**

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.