pic (microchip) C++ compiler needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

see2angels

microchip c++

i need a c++ compiler for pic (microchip)
if anyone has one please nothify me and give me a link

c++ compiler for pic24

Surly C is a powerful enough language for any Pic micro?
What Pic program needs C++ which is pretty memory intensive?

microchip c++

reinstall the mplab, and it will work the c compiler for 1 month.
After 1 month reinstall again and so on.

microchip compiler c++

Hi, does the C++ compiler convert the codes into hex codes?

Thanks!

Many many code composer can convert code to hex, (ex: keil or provier 32). But defaul optional not active ready so u must choose it in option to active it. Keil u can download in edaboard.

i really doubt that programming microcontrollers in C++ would be a good idea. if u read the C Vs ASM debates on this forum and all around the internet you will see that the biggest problem with programming microcontrollers in C is that the code produced is not memory efficient and its not close to the architechture of the microcontroller. the situation with C++ might be worse. its good to use C++ instead of C when you are programming on a PC but there you have alot of memory space which is not the case with microcontrollers

hi Friends

I accept C++ will worsen the memory consumption in MCUs.
Ok but can you think about Complex programs. U can make the entire project in to modules . Now we have PIC MCUs having more than 64kbytes of memory if the complexity and efficiency is concerned C++ will be the best. C++ is really a powerful language if understood properly.
So its not a bad Idea , Programming in C++. unfortunately we dont have more C++ cross compilers.
We hope it will be alright in near future

Regards
Gopi

C has powerfull scoping rules and a program can be broken down into seperate files using a linker. A complex program is when the source code exceeds about 25000 lines.
C++ was really designed for very large distributed programs. C is a very powerfull and elegant programming language, C++ is a convoluted mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…