Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic,lcd masters....oves here

Status
Not open for further replies.

aviv6371

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello ,

i m b building running message with pic and lcd 44780 do i have
to connect the rd/wr wire of lcd to ground or i it has to be connected to the pic as a contol pin. in other words if i want to run message on the lcd do i ought to read from the lcd.

thanx in advance

avi

Hi
You can connect it to ground. In ths case you should wait about 2 ms between successive commands. Of course reading from LCD will fast the execution but you will lose I/O pin and also you will need some careful coding

Thanks
Haytham

hi,

i have to wait whether the pin rd is connected or not for proper operation of the lcd.
i think i would connect it to rd because i m working with the picdem plus unit.
but i have onother question-why does the pic16f877a has 2 pins of vdd and 2 of vss ???? and do i have to connect them both to vdd (short them) ???

thanx in advance,

avi

Salam,

For the stability of your design u have to connect both VDDs and VSSs to the power supply.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.