Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC how to read return value of AT command from gsm modem and print in LCD...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazyhut

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PIC how to read return value of AT command from gsm modem and print on LCD...

Gsm modem model: MOD 9001D RS232 GSM/GPRS
Microcontroller: PIC16F877A
Software:MikroC

PIC how to read return value of AT command from gsm modem and print on LCD 16x2
let say i send AT command from my PIC, the modem should reply "OK" on my LCD 16x2..
anyone can teach me? THANKS..

I'm also having similar issue. In coding my PIC to send an AT command, I wanna extract information (to be used in my code) from the return value of the AT command but i don't what index of the memory where the returned values is stored i will start from.

For instance, if a send

AT+CMGF=1

(1) What will the modem response be?
(2)how will I know the memory index of the receiving buffer at which I can extract my desired information

Hi,
If you wanna extract info from returned value, first you need to store every returned value in memory. Then search there for desired information.

1. You can connect your modem to PC serial port and send the command AT+CMGF=1 (you may use Hyperterminal for communication), then see what will be the modem response.
2. PIC USART use RCREG for received byte via USART. When you received a byte in RCREG, you backup that in RAM. After receiving all the data, you can do searching for desired information. To know receiving is completed you may check ending pattern of command responses of modem. It may be "OK" string or "0x0d" , "0x0a"

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.