D1_DRE

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PIC and TCP/IP

Hello,

I'll appreciate if you can help me out here. I'm an electrical and electronic eng student and I'm demostrating simple I/O via ethernet for my final year project. I noticed you are knowledgable in that field. In most projects I've seen around the web, most implementation was with a Realtek ethernet chipset which is NE2000 compatible. However, I was supplied with an UMC ethernet chip (UM9007AF) ISA CARD also NE2000 compliant. Here is my question. Can I assume the internal registers of the UMC and Realtek are similar or how do I go about, interfacing with this ISA NIC because I do not have the datasheet for the UMC chip but have a great wealth of info on the Realtek chipset.

Thanks for your time

Dre

Well, in my opinion NE2000-compatible means, that a well defined set of registers is equal in all NE2000-compatible nics. This would mean that an application written for one should work on all (or better with respect to real life) on most other NE2000-compatible nics.

You can find more information about interfacing PIC microcontroller to the NE2000 compatible cards (like 3com) from the following link

https://www.davidwitt.ca/

Hope this helps

That was very helpful thanks all

Here you will find a very nice project interfacing a ne2000 to a PIC

**broken link removed**

They have a very nice 'C' source...

HTH, Sirio.

Hi,

Microchip have a Application Note (AN833) about TCP/IP.

This is the AN833 on attchment...

Regards,

Maximilius26

Here is the URL for the Microchip free TCP/IP stack

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…