Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC and TCP/IP - UMC ethernet chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

D1_DRE

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PIC and TCP/IP

Hello,

I'll appreciate if you can help me out here. I'm an electrical and electronic eng student and I'm demostrating simple I/O via ethernet for my final year project. I noticed you are knowledgable in that field. In most projects I've seen around the web, most implementation was with a Realtek ethernet chipset which is NE2000 compatible. However, I was supplied with an UMC ethernet chip (UM9007AF) ISA CARD also NE2000 compliant. Here is my question. Can I assume the internal registers of the UMC and Realtek are similar or how do I go about, interfacing with this ISA NIC because I do not have the datasheet for the UMC chip but have a great wealth of info on the Realtek chipset.

Thanks for your time

Dre

Well, in my opinion NE2000-compatible means, that a well defined set of registers is equal in all NE2000-compatible nics. This would mean that an application written for one should work on all (or better with respect to real life) on most other NE2000-compatible nics.

You can find more information about interfacing PIC microcontroller to the NE2000 compatible cards (like 3com) from the following link

https://www.davidwitt.ca/

Hope this helps

That was very helpful thanks all

Here you will find a very nice project interfacing a ne2000 to a PIC

**broken link removed**

They have a very nice 'C' source...

HTH, Sirio.

Hi,

Microchip have a Application Note (AN833) about TCP/IP.

This is the AN833 on attchment...

Regards,

Maximilius26

Here is the URL for the Microchip free TCP/IP stack

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back