Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC 18F4550 USB to comm using CDC problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianomaley

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
18f4550 usb

Helo all,

We are currently in a project involving data aquisition to a PC with the PIC 18F4550.
Data is send to the PC via USB port but PC must see a virtual comm port. Microchip offers standard library, CDC for doing so. Standard Windows driver is also used.

A simple program (just periodically send fixed data to the PC) works fine, but in a few seconds (randomly) packets are no more received.

I will apreciate a lot, if someone can provide me information on proper use of CDC or any other virtual comm port generation with USB-PIC; that is sample programs (are no being provided by microchip), known bugs, etc.

Thanks a lot for your time

Ian

microchip cdc driver

Hello ianomaley

Instead of the CDC driver I do my programming directly by using a USBAPI. Just have a look on this thread. Here I uploaded an example how to use it.

I works very fine!

Regarding the CDC-driver. Maybe try to check if your PC-port is a USB 2.0 port. I had problems using USB 1.1 ports

Best regards

Geri

cdc microchip

you can try hidmaker FS for ready made code both for the micro and the host pc.

18f4550 cdc

Ian , i intend to do a data acquisition project using PIC18F4550 also , may i noe how u construct for the circuit and how the computer can detect it when the usb is connect to comp port ? cdc is a compulsary ? I am js start learning it and totally lost of idea. U using wat language ?
Do u hav any info can provide to me ?
thanks a lot if u can help me .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back